Celebrate with these New Year's Eve Party Ideas!
NEW YEAR'S EVE is my favorite time to celebrate. It is all about friends, family, parties, champagne and reflecting on the past while looking forward to the future with hopeful anticipation.
A New Year's Eve party is definitely not the party to toil away in the kitchen while your guests enjoy themselves--without you
Start the Celebration
Decide on a food theme. A theme could be as simple as gourmet, homestyle or casual
Set-up an appetizer bar. This is a good way to stay out of the kitchen
Prep the various ingredients ahead of time and serve at room temperature
Arrange the buffet table and let it do the work for you. All you do is refill empty platters
When choosing your New Year's Eve menu, choose spicy, salty foods - these go especially well with sweet or tart drinks
"Fancy" drinks are extra-special, but make sure you have enough mixers for plain drinks. See tips on purchasing alcohol and other information.
Quick and Easy Informal Menu Ideas
Add a purchased dessert such as brownies, cookies or bowls of wrapped chocolate candy. Find these recipes and more menu ideas in easy appetizers, finger sandwiches, canapes and skewer appetizers.
Homemade Potato Chips
Fresh Fruit Platter with Dip
Spicy Hot Crab Dip
Special Drink Ideas
New Year's Eve is the time to prepare special drinks, with special glasses and pretty garnishes.
◦ Use colored sugar or salt on the rims of glasses by adding a few drops of food coloring to sugar or salt
◦ Use superfine or castor sugar for the rims
◦ Rim glasses with finely crushed hard, fruit-flavored candy such as Jolly Ranchers, Life Savers, peppermints or flavored mints. Use a food processor or smash with a mallet in a plastic bag.
◦ To rim glasses with candy, sugar or salt: Place ingredient in a large flat plate. Moisten the glass with lemon, lime, orange juice or water. Allow to dry briefly.
◦ Put whole or crushed candy in the bottom of the drink - not too much, you don't want to change the taste of the drink
◦ Use sugar cubes, pineapple, kiwi cubes, dried or fresh cranberries and, dried apricots as change-of-pace drink garnishes
◦ Find inexpensive ice cube molds, swivel sticks and party umbrellas at your local dollar store
BEST DRINK CHOICES
Check out these and other flavorful drink recipes
◦Martinis by the Pitcher
◦Easy Make Ahead Frozen Margaritas
◦Creamsicles or Dreamsicles
◦Sparkling Wine Cocktails
◦Holiday Eggnog or Easy-Does-It 'Nog
◦Hot Cider for a Crowd