NEW YEAR'S EVE is my favorite time to celebrate. It is all about friends, family, parties, champagne and reflecting on the past while looking forward to the future with hopeful anticipation.
A New Year's Eve party is definitely not the party to toil away in the kitchen while your guests enjoy themselves--without you.
Quick and Easy New Year's Eve Party Ideas
Add a purchased dessert such as brownies, cookies or bowls of wrapped chocolate candy. Find these recipes and more menu ideas in easy appetizers, finger sandwiches, canapes and skewer appetizers.
Homemade Potato Chips
Pan Fried Onion Dip
Bourbon Glazed Roast Beef
Crackers, Rolls; Mayo and Horseradish sauces; pickles, hot/sweet peppers, etc
Lemony Green Bean and Tomato Salad
Wine and Champagne
High Quality Cheeses
Wines and Champagne
Fresh Fruit Platter with Dip
Fresh Salsa and Tortilla Chips
Spicy Hot Crab Dip
Baked Artichoke Dip
Assorted Breads and Crackers
Special Drink Ideas
New Year's Eve is the time to prepare special drinks, with special glasses and pretty garnishes.
◦ Use colored sugar or salt on the rims of glasses by adding a few drops of food coloring to sugar or salt
◦ Use superfine or castor sugar for the rims
◦ Rim glasses with finely crushed hard, fruit-flavored candy such as Jolly Ranchers, Life Savers, peppermints or flavored mints. Use a food processor or smash with a mallet in a plastic bag.
◦ To rim glasses with candy, sugar or salt: Place ingredient in a large flat plate. Moisten the glass with lemon, lime, orange juice or water. Allow to dry briefly.
◦ Put whole or crushed candy in the bottom of the drink - not too much, you don't want to change the taste of the drink
◦ Use sugar cubes, pineapple, kiwi cubes, dried or fresh cranberries and, dried apricots as change-of-pace drink garnishes
◦ Find inexpensive ice cube molds, swivel sticks and party umbrellas at your local dollar store
BEST DRINK CHOICES
Check out these and other flavorful drink recipes
◦Martinis by the Pitcher
◦Easy Make Ahead Frozen Margaritas
◦Creamsicles or Dreamsicles
◦Sparkling Wine Cocktails
◦Holiday Eggnog or Easy-Does-It 'Nog
◦Hot Cider for a Crowd